Our Business and brands
We operate approximately 570 restaurants in Japan and China, mainly suburban roadside
restaurants.We have 15 restaurant brands, including Yakiniku, Ramen, Sushi and Shabu-shabu.
The Monogatari Corporation is
a company that places
the dignity of the "individual" above
the dignity of the “organization.”
Smile & Sexy
In short, “Smile & Sexy” is a
philosophy that encourages us, as “storytellers,”
to tell our individual “personal stories” and our combined “company story”
beautifully, freely, openly,
and in a way full of human touch.
Smile & Sexy:
A “way of life,”
a road to a fulfilling,
happy “personal story”
Important key words for creating
- Decision making as no right or wrong answer
- Do not be afraid of making mistakes
- Keep yourself wary of genuine decision making
- Conduct decision making based on a human standard
- Conduct decision makingwith a grounding in your own experience and intuition
Individual for individual
- Each individual person treats their own way of thinking and way of living as important, acts by using that as a basis, and works to develop themselves.
- Even where there is an organization such as a company, always remain aware that the person you are dealing with is an independent individual, face each other, and provide assistance for self-development.
- Think about what it is you want to do in the future within your own heart and based on past experiences the more you are able to express all of that to others, the more you will transform to a new form of self-development and make progress.
- The more your times of self-disclosure increase, through forging a capacity for self-expression, the more your abilities will be polished, and the number of people who provide understanding, are empathetic, and provide support will increase.
Putting customers at ease
Our “SMILE & SEXY”attitude will help to relax customers.
- Let the customer talk.
- Make the customer smile.
- Let the customer whine.
- Let the customer tell jokes.
- Have the customer think of us as friends.
Our “SMILE & SEXY” attitude will enablethose around us to act freely and energetically.
- Remove barriers between company employees and partners.
- Remove gender-based barriers.
- Remove barriers based on race and nationality.
- Remove barriers between young and old.
- Respect every human being.
Our “SMILE & SEXY”attitude will enable everyone to express their opinions naturally and openly.
- Many hold numerous about service
- Many hold numerous about products
- Many hold numerous about systems
- Many hold numerous about management
- Many hold numerous about society
Our “SMILE & SEXY” attitude will enable everyone to engage in discussions naturally.
- Quit making majority-based decisions without discussion.
- Quit forcing matters without discussion.
- Quit making backroom deals without discussion.
Our “SMILE & SEXY”attitude will facilitate decision-making.
- Arrive at decisions through discussion.
- Improve your ability to predict risks.
- Trust your instincts.
- Allow yourself to experience multiple successes and failures through decision-making.
- Create rules and principles for business and life through decision-making.
We can also spread our newfound “SMILE & SEXY” philosophy and code of conduct into the world.
That is our vision.
|Company name||The Monogatari Corporation|
|Capital||JPY 2,719 million (as of June 30th,2021)|
|Sales||JPY 64.0 billion *Group sales: approx.
JPY 95.9 billion (as of June 30th,2021)
|Number of employees||Employees: Solely1,244/Overseas Included1,429*Hourly employees in Japan: 19,856 (as of June 30th,2021)|
|Restaurants||Japan： 569 (340 directly managed / 229 franchises)
Overseas：15 (00 directly managed / 0 franchises) (as of June 30th,2021)
|Main business operations||Direct management of restaurants and development of franchise chains in restaurant industry (yakiniku, ramen, and okonomiyaki restaurant chains,Japanese food restaurants)|
|Main affiliated companies||MONOGATARI (SHANGHAI) ENTERPRISES MANAGEMENT CO., Ltd. / Shanghai
MONOGATARI HK CO. LIMITED /Hong Kong
Toyohashi Forum Office
5-7-11 Nishi-Iwata, Toyohashi,
9:00-18:00 (closed Sat/holidays)
|Tokyo Forum Office||
2-4-3 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku,
9:00-18:00 (closed Sat/holidays)
|Nagoya Forum Office||
Dai-Tokai Building 4F, 3-22-8 Meieki,
Nagoya, Aichi 450-0002
|Osaka Forum Office||
Centland Building 5F, 3-23-16
Yodogawa-ku, Osaka 532-0011
|Fukuoka Forum Office||
Tokyo Tatemono Hakata Building 8F, 1-4-4 Hakata Ekimae,
Hakata-ku, Fukuoka, 812-0011
|Monogatari Food Factory||1262 Aza Kamiike, Higashi-Tanaka, Komaki, Aichi 485-0826|
|Monogatari Food Lab||841 Honjo, Komaki, Aichi 485-0821|